Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Finding BirtDateTime

I noticed this today: if the SQL dataset column type is DATETIME, and you set it to DateTime in BIRT as well, the report will show it like this (for 2nd August, 2010 00:00:00, Central European Summer Time):

Mon Aug 02 00:00:00 CEST 2010

This is not something Javascript can accept - although I tried the toLocaleString() method and it worked. However, I just needed the date part. toLocaleDateString() did not show anything.

This is where I tried the BirtDateTime class; it accepts the DateTime strings nicely. Now I can do this for instance:

BirtDateTime.day(row["Day"]) + '. ' + BirtDateTime.month(row["Day"],2) + ' ' + BirtDateTime.year(row["Day"]) 

It will show (provided the browser locale is set to Czech):
2. srpna 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment